Friday, April 04, 2014

Prayer Psalm of the Week (77)

PRAYER PSALM 77

Baruch Ata, YHVH, Elohey Yisrael, Avi.

(Bless You, YHVH - Elohim of Israel, my Father)

I cried out to You with my voice, YHVH - El Ra’chum (Compassionate God), and You gave ear to me.  Yes, in the day of my troubles I sought You, Mephal’tee (my Rescuer).  My hand was stretched out in the night without ceasing; my soul refused to be comforted.  I remembered You, Abba, and was troubled.  When I complained my spirit was overwhelmed, so much so that I could not speak; and You had to hold my eyelids open.

I have considered the days of old, the years of ancient times.  I called to remembrance my song in the night; and I meditated within my heart, as my spirit made diligent search.  Will You, O El M'na’cha’mee (my Comforter), cast off forever? Will You be favorable no more?  Has Your mercy ceased forever?  Has Your promise failed forevermore?  Have You forgotten to be gracious?  Have You in anger shut up Your tender mercies?  If this be true I say, "This is my distress!” But I shall remember the years of Y’min’cha (Your Right Hand), El Elyon (God Most High).  I shall remember Your works, Bor’ee (my Creator); surely I shall remember Your wonders of old.  I shall also meditate on all Your work and talk of Your deeds.  Your way, O Elohim (God), is set apart.  For who is an elohim (god) as great as You?

The waters saw You, O Elohey Emet (God of Truth); the waters saw You and were afraid; the depths also trembled.  The clouds poured out water; the skies sent out a sound; Your arrows Elohey Tzva’ot (God of the Armies) also flashed about.  The voice of Your thunder was in the whirlwind; the lightning lit up the world; the earth trembled and shook.  For Your way, El Gadol (Great God), was in the sea; Your path in the great waters, but yet Your footsteps were not known as You led Your people like a flock by the hand of Moshe and A’haron.

Who is so great an Elohim as Avinu Ba’sha’ma’yim (our Father in Heaven)? You are El Elyon (God Most High) Who do wonders. You have declared Your strength among the peoples.  You are Yeshua’teynu (our Salvation); You, with Your arm have redeemed us, Your people, the sons of Ya’acov and Yoseph.

Hallelu-Yah!!!  For You, YHVH, are Elohim.  You are Elohey Yisrael, Elohey Avraham, Yitzchak and Ya’acov.  Avi the Almighty reigns!


No comments: